It is imperative to understand that no two persons can have the same requirement when it comes to finding the right cycle. There are some points you have to keep in mind while purchasing the best cycle. Look for all these aspects we have mentioned below.
- The Suspension of the Bike: If you want a smooth ride without any interruption, then we would suggest you go for a cycle that provides full suspension. There are cycles that come with half suspension and no suspension as well. But cycles with full suspension falls on the expensive side. The full suspension cycle absorbs shock and maintains the balance on the road.
- The shape of the Handles: There should be enough distance between your seat and the handlebars. It would be inconvenient if there is too much space between the seat and the handles. The handlebars also determine your purchase.
1) Flat bars: This type of handlebars can be seen in hybrid bikes. It’s really comfortable, and you would have an easy ride.
2) Drop bars: These handlebars are common on a road bike. These are very light bikes and ergonomic. But you have to hump, which might cause you some inconvenience.
3) Riser bars: These types of handlebars are mostly seen in mountain bikes. The bars are a little bit expanded upward and towards the back to give you more comfort on the sloppy surface.
- Gears: Well, if you like cycling on a sloppy surface, then you should opt for more gears. For road bikes, you don’t need many gears. And for other bikes, the number of gears remains the same.
- Cost-effective: This is the most important criterion you should consider while purchasing a bike. If you’re a beginner then go for a basic product with fewer features that way, it won’t cost you much. But if you want bikes for different road surfaces, then opt for bikes which come with more features.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Should we purchase cycles from online stores or buy locally?
If you buy cycles through online stores, then there would be a discount as well as there would be various models to choose from. But you cannot test drive, and returning the product would be a headache. On the other hand, local shops have limited products and are expensive as well. But you’ll get professional help there. It depends on you which method you want to go for.
2) How to find the best cycle for oneself?
First, consider the purpose then your budget. After that, browse according to that. There would be hundreds of products. Compare their features, frames, and other significant things. That way, you can make a good purchase. Don’t just settle for less and buy anything without any guide.
3) What are some of the most reputed brands in India?
Here are thousands of brands in the market. But are you choosing the right brand? Suppose you’re still worried about which brand to choose. Then we would suggest you go for brands like Hero, Atlas, Hercules, Avon, Roadmaster, etc. These brands are popular amongst cycle lovers, and they possess great features. Go for these brands without thinking twice.
The Final Takeaway
It is important that you consider all of the above points whenever you’re purchasing a new cycle for yourself. Just don’t get anything you find it in the showroom. You can seek help from the professionals if you have any queries.
But we suggest you follow the buying guide for your preferred cycle. We hope this article would be helpful in order to make your purchase decision easier.